In order to define the operational requirements for a “(conceptual) design” it can be necessary to carry out one or more preliminary investigations.
- Feasibility studies in the most broad sense “from concept to delivery”,
- Inventory of data regarding the newest technical and environmental requirements,
- Inventory of data regarding traffic and commodity flows,
- Study regarding the newest statutory requirements,
- Study of roughly similar projects,
- Literature study,
- Specialized examination regarding construction, mechanics, hydromechanics, chemistry or materials science,
- Specialized examination regarding coating, ecology, ergonomics or traffic science,
- Definition of the “statement of operational requirements”.